Making a video pitch for your crowdfunding campaign
Every picture is thought to be worth a thousand words. How much more valuable, then, would a video which is made up of thousands of pictures be? For any kind of communication, visual tools have become important. Even while communicating with probable backers of a crowdfunding campaign.
When we convey this to our fundraisers, they often come up with a lot more questions. Therefore, we decided to compile a list of features that go into making an awesome crowdfunding pitch in video format.
FEATURES OF A GREAT VIDEO PITCH
- Keep it short: Attention of the backers is an expensive commodity. If you have it, use it well. A short and crisp video will help you convey your point well. The ideal length will be between two and three minutes.
- Good quality: If watching your video takes more effort than it should, people won’t see it. You don’t need to be a professional or have high-end equipment to ensure it is not a jarring watch. Take good care of the lighting, sound, camera positions and other such details.
- Story is important: Even within the visual element, your story is important. There is a simple formula to ensure that all the relevant points are covered – 5W + 1H. What, Where, When, Who, Why and How. Just begin with developing short and concise answers to all these questions.
- Set a tone: Once you have the basic answers, string them all together. Before doing this, decide the tone that you want to use for the video. At this stage, you may have to make a few changes in the script to tie it all together.
- Grand ending: Remember to remind those watching the video to take some action towards the end. Now that you have explained everything about the campaign, turn your attention to the backers. Tell them how they can support you and how it will change things.
Now that you know what goes into making a great video pitch for a crowdfunding campaign, make use of the knowledge. Support your favourite nonprofit by creating a campaign for them on Crowdera. Help them create that awesome video that will bring in more support for them.