The Holiday giving trend is not just for us commoners. Even celebrities we look up to indulge themselves in charitable acts at this time of the year. Continuing the bounty of last week’s #FridayFandom post, we bring you a small list of celebrity Holiday giving plans.
- Stevie Wonder and friends: For the twentieth year in a row, this music legend hosted a charity concert. During the concert, patrons donate thousands of gifts for kids for underprivileged backgrounds, people with disabilities and families in need. This year’s star performers included Lionel Richie, Queen Latifah and John Legend.
- Sir Mick Jagger and Keith Richards: The duo have made a new version of Rolling Stones’ “You Can’t Always Get What You Want”. The two have decided to forego of all the royalties earned from the sales of this Christmas single. The proceeds will instead go to Jo Cox Foundation formed in the memory of the murdered politician.
- Cruz Beckham: At 11, the youngest son of David and Victoria Beckham has already recently released his debut single titled, “If Every Day Was Christmas”. The funds collected from its sales will go towards a nonprofit that helps at-risk youngsters in UK.
- Meryl Streep: Along with 50 other fellow actors, the Dame will auction off a pair of glasses she wore. All funds collected through these auctions will be used by an international organization that works towards improving eye health in poor countries.
- Antonia Prebble: The pretty Power Rangers actress will be one of the many Kiwi celebs to whip up some pies for Christmas. Each celeb will bake at least six mince pies. These pies will be auctioned. All proceeds will be used for the disadvantaged people of New Zealand.
You may not be a celebrity, but that doesn’t mean you can’t be a star! A bright star who brings hope in someone’s world when it all seems dark. This blog post we wrote earlier this week can help you come up with ideas to help. If you still can’t figure how to help but know someone in need of financial help, contact the Crowdera crew and we would be happy to help.