In many of our previous posts, we have mentioned the importance of contacting media for promoting your crowdfunding campaign. However, there are a few ways to get the right media attention. One of which is to write a great press release.
Do you know what makes a press release effective? We give you a few pointers about it in our #WednesdayWisdom post.
Characteristics of a good press release:
- It has a peg: A peg or angle is what makes the story click with the readers/audience in a particular time or region. Figure out what makes your campaign special, unique or relevant to preset circumstances.
- The 5W + 1H formula: This formula is used and followed in most media stories. The Ws refer to the question words what, where, when, who and why and the H stands for how. If your release contains the answers to all these questions, it has the complete information required for a media report.
- Pitched to the right person/platform: One important aspect of pitching a story to a media person is to ensure it is sent to the right address. This means you will have to do a thorough research on them before pitching them a story. Look through their previous stories on similar topics.
Some general ground rules:
- Use a common font that can be read on any device.
- Address yourself in third person.
- Don’t be too wordy. Describe things in a crisp way.
- Include resources like pictures, graphics, statistics, contact numbers and any other thing that the reporter may need must be provided along with the release.
- Try to get it proofread.
But before you write press release, you need a great crowdfunding campaign as well. Go on and make one at Crowdera where you can run your campaign without paying any platform fee. This will allow you to use the highest possible amount you raise for the actual cause.