In yesterday’s post, we discussed the importance of making millennials a part of your fundraising strategy. Let’s take the discussion further today and talk about how exactly to do this.
It is a frequent discussion among fundraisers that millennials are changing the philanthropy scene totally. It makes sense to keep abreast about the way the new generation makes donations. We tell you about them in today’s edition of #WednesdayWisdom.
CHANNELS USED BY MILLENNIALS FOR DONATING:
- SOCIAL MEDIA – You know that the young people today live their entire lives over social media. They also make all the major decisions, including whom to donate, on these platforms. The major platforms for this include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.
- VIRAL CONTENT – This is an age where not much holds people’s attention. Other than stuff that goes viral, shared many times over various social media platforms. From a fundraising/nonprofit perspective, this content can be in the form of videos, stories or infographics that tell a powerful story about the work you do.
- E-MAILS WORK TOO – E-mails still remain one of the most effective ways to convey a fundraising message. You do need to jazz it up a bit for the new generation, though. This can be done by using a very short subject line (around 5 words or less), keeping the message very short and to-the-point (not more than 3 paragraphs of 2-3 lines each) and adding a short link to the donation page.
- MOBILE FRIENDLY PLATFORMS – The link mentioned in the previous point, or sent out with any other communication (you can even embed one to a video) must be a mobile friendly one. Since most millennials check their mail on smartphones, this will make sure they visit the page.
- SOCIAL SHARING – One of the ways to ensure your fundraising message geos viral is to make it reach the right audience. Usually, there are some ‘influencers’ in every community. If you manage to reach them, it becomes much easier to reach the others. You can also add an appeal to share it with others in your message.
These are some prominent characteristics of the donor behavior of millennials. Crowdfunding is one of the fundraising methods that fit in with them all.
And, at Crowdera, we help you do this in the most cost-effective way there is. In fact, you can raise funds from all over the world without paying any commission or fee.